Charming House of 400 m2, 4 bedrooms doubles en suite, 8 people, piscine, hammam, sauna
Situated in a typical Provencal hamlet, 25 minutes from the center of Aix-en-Provence and surrounded by vineyards and forests, the Bastide Saint-Estève offers you top-of-the-range comfort in a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere.
This former 17th century Provencal bastide, of which its origins are from the 13th century, restored with the utmost love and care, using only the highest quality materials, highlighting the majesty of the building. A very large charming vacation rental, with modern comforts, will welcome you into its captivating and authentic setting.
Your completely independent house is located on the ground floor and 1st floor, the noble space with its high ceilings extends 400 m2 on one level with magnificent views of the gardens and the surrounding countryside. The terraces and the summer kitchen are at your exclusive disposal , as well as the swimming pool area which is at your entire disposal.
After your day trips of discovering the Provence Verte, you can choose to relax in your suite, take a nap in the Mediterranean gardens in the shade of old oak trees or cool off in the swimming pool, not forgetting the spa area with steam room (hammam) and sauna access to which is under technical management by the owners.
In the early evening, after a game of pétanque in front of the medieval chapel, you can un-wind and discover a local Provencal rosé wine on the large panoramic terrace in the shade of the plane trees …
To experience the rhythm of life at the Bastide Saint-Estève is to discover the art of living in Provence!
4 good reasons to come to us!
Comfortable accommodation in Provence
Numerous sites, rich in testimony of various eras, close or within less than 1 hour of route :
- Less than 10 minutes: the village of ‘Brue-Auriac’ which preserves the largest dovecote in Europe; the perched village of ‘Seillons-Source-d’Argens’; and the templar village of ‘Bras’ along the curves of the river Argens in the heart of the Provence Verte;
- Less than 15 minutes: ’Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume’ and its royal Basilica conserving the relics of Mary Magdalene in christianity’s third most important tomb;
- A little further in the direction of Cotignac is the picturesque village of Barjols with its 42 fountains and its yearly traditional Tripe Festival;
- At less than 20 minutes: The national parks of the ‘Sainte-Baume’ mountains and the ‘Sainte-Victoire’ mountain painted several times by Paul Cezanne;
- 25 minutes away: ‘Aix-en-Provence’ with its fountains, museums and art galleries; and also ‘l’Abbaye du Thoronet’ one of three Cistercian abbeys in Provence and the best example of the spirit of the Cisterian order; and finally the picturesque village of ‘Cotignac’ and its famous cave houses.
- Rejoining the Mediterranean Sea to the south: ‘Cassis with its Calanques (Fjords) is 35 minutes away and ‘Bormes-les-Mimosas’ 45 minutes away
- To the north 45 minutes away: The charming village ‘Moustiers-Ste-Mairie’ with its pottery; the ‘Sainte-Croix’ lake for all water-sports and the famous ‘Gorges du Verdon’.
- Further afield: MuCEM ( Museum of European and Mediterranean Civilisations) in Marseille – 45 minutes;
- Whilst Cannes – Nice – Avignon – Arles are less than 1 1/2 hours away
The tranquility and comfort of our house
Less than 30 minutes from Aix-en-Provence, in the heart of the Provence Verte region, the Bastide Saint-Estève, whose origins date back to the 13th century, welcomes you to a quiet location with top-of-the-range comfort.
Surrounded by vineyards, pine trees, olive trees and oak forests, you will be able to relax around the large swimming pool, wander around our mediterranean garden, or recharge your batteries in our spa area or in the comfort of your suite.
Local products and wines
Thanks to our partnerships with local winegrowers and producers, you will taste, within our gourmet breakfasts on order, local products and, for the most part, from organic farming. In the evening, at aperitif time, we will be pleased to introduce you to various rosés from the region.
Services and advices
We will be happy to advise you on visits to a multitude of local sites and to indicate temporary exhibitions and other cultural activities of the moment. Likewise, we will be delighted to suggest quality tables, for all budgets, in the neighboring villages less than fifteen minutes from the house.
Our large swimming pool (13 x 5 m) will invite you to cool off in the hot summer hours. But you can also relax in the wellness area thanks to the hammam and sauna. Of course, private parking is also reserved for you.
Where to go in Provence?
And why not visit Provence Verte, a crossroads ideally located between the sea and the lavender country, between Nice and Aix-en-Provence!
How to reserve?
You can book accommodation directly through the reservation system.. You will find the contact details of the Bastide Saint-Estève and a contact form below
Is parking available at the Bastide?
Yes, the Bastide Saint-Estève has private and secure parking is at your disposal
To book accommodation or obtain information on prices and / or services, do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail, telephone or by filling out the form below: